Friday, November 8, 2013

Hospital Food is Universally Terrible

After a crazy night out in Patong on Friday night, we went to Laem Sing again on Saturday. It was beautiful and, as always, crazy hot.

 (One of the monkeys trying to escape)





I'd been a little overserved the previous evening, and decided it would be good to get some solid food in me. This is where I made what I believe to be my fatal mistake---I ordered a club sandwich from the beach "restaurant". First of all, it has to be noted that what they called a "club sandwich" had both eggs and cucumber on it, and the only discernible meat I could see was one slice of ham (clearly this is where I should have changed my mind). A couple hours later I started to get chills and by the time we left the beach I was really sick. By Tuesday morning I was still sick as a dog and very weak so I decided to go to the hospital. Turns out I had a bacterial infection. They hooked me up to an IV for fluids and antibiotics and kept me in the hospital for a couple days. I have to say the hospital itself was really nice!


...the food, not so much. Turns out that hospital food is universally terrible. Thai hospital food is not only pretty awful, it's also often unidentifiable! And when you're already sick, there is nothing worse than trying to guess what meat they're serving you haha.



(this can only be described as rice water)

I've also learned that Thai people love their medications. They sent me home with my own personal pharmacy...


When we got back I dumped out my bag of prescriptions and Matt goes, "Whoa there Michael Jackson." I reminded him that considering Michael's cause of death, that was not funny. (Don't worry we Googled every one before I actually took any and they're safe and, surprisingly, necessary)

I'm finally back home and, although not quite well, I am feeling MUCH better. Definitely on the up and up!



No comments:

Post a Comment