Monday, December 2, 2013

An Ode to Caitlin

Caitlin flew back to South Africa on Saturday evening for her graduation. In South Africa there is a degree you earn between a Bachelor's and a Master's called an Honor's degree and Caitlin had just finished hers before she came to Phuket on holiday. She had to return for the graduation ceremony. We joked that her departure warranted its own blog post entitled "An Ode to Caitlin" haha. After attempting a funny poem (and failing) I decided instead to post a message I received from Caitlin after she arrived safely back in Capetown. It is perhaps the funniest WhatsApp message I have ever received:


I literally cried when I read this. I figured this would do a much better job of explaining Caitlin and her wonderful sense of humor than anything I could write myself. I am happy to say she will be returning for a week before I head to Dubai--I look forward to many more coconuts, banana pancakes, and fried mussels! As well as loudly saying "no please it's MY pleasure" passive aggressively as people regularly cut us off on sidewalks and buses ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment