Monday, October 28, 2013

Kata Noi and the Night Market

We went to another beach on Saturday called Kata Noi. It was beautiful! It was also slightly less hot, so I was able to spend a lot more time actually ON the beach, and less time sitting in the water repeating, "My people were not made for this!" Haha. I like to think I'm slowly adapting, but I think really I've just been lucky with slightly cooler days lately.




On our way back from Kata Noi we stopped at the night market. This is an amazing market that is only open on Saturday and Sunday nights. You can buy pretty much anything here...DVDs, CDs, purses, shoes, jewelry, fruit, cocktails, sushi, etc etc.. Even these amazing pants...


I confess I not only bought these, but another pair in a different color too! I'm obsessed. I now live in them. If you're talking to me on skype, facebook chat, etc (anything where I'm home), I'm wearing these. They also inspired my last minute Halloween costume-- I'm going to be a genie. Best part--I get to wear these all night!

We also got dinner at the night market. There are several pop-up restaurant like places that make amazing Thai food! I had delicious fried rice noodles (good thing I can't model our swimwear anyway ;) and it was only 40 Baht (~$1.10)!!



Later that night we went to a bar called "Massie's" for Matt's friend's birthday celebration. They let her bring bottles of liquor to the bar that we drank for free. I don't know how this works but it was a great set-up for us! Matt was going out in Patong but I wasn't feeling up to it so I decided to call it a night. It was POURING rain (not quite high season yet!) and therefore motorbikes were out of the question. Luckily Matt's wonderful friend Nicole and her husband Brendan have a car--my heroes! They were kind enough to drive me home. You would think for somewhere that has an entire season known as "the rainy season", there would be an effective drainage system..... Nope! I snapped this from the backseat of the car. We were afraid it might start coming in the doors!


It didn't and I made it home safe and sound! Once again, all part of the adventure ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment